This report is meant to identify inventory items that were not used on Service Calls, Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, etc. in the last VariableY number of days specified and only show items with an average cost exceeding $XXX.XX.
**Please note does NOT report on both ItemCategory (VariableW) and ServiceCodeCategory (VariableZ). Leave VarW blank to report on ServiceCodeCategory listed in VarZ OR leave VarZ blank to report on ItemCategory listed in VarW.**
VariableW - Item Category Code(s) to select for report (Separate list with commas)
VariableX - Cost Exceeding $XX (whole number only, i.e. 5 for $5.00)
VariableY - No usage in Y Days from Today
VariableZ - As an alternative to select specific inventory category codes in VariableW above, you can indicate here if you want to select items based upon the assigned Service Codes category of P or S. 'P" would select use all items that have service codes with codecategory 'Part' , or 'S' for service codes with 'Supply' associated.
Variable1 - Enter in Warehouse#(s) () for QTY on hand from (leave BLANK for ALL)
Variable2 -Enter in Warehouse#(s) to check for Usage History from (leave BLANK for ALL)
**ID75 is hard coded to not consider any Item created in last 90 days**
Custom Report Option:
This report should be run manually monthly for all items / warehouses so you can write-off (devalue) those dead items over your fiscal year instead of taking a big hit at the end of the year. This alert/Custom Report looks for usage from the specified warehouses selected only (the alert runs for all warehouses by default).
Usage is determined as any of the following transaction types: Sales Invoice, Sales Credit/Debit Memo, Service Invoice, Service Credit Memo, Purchase Order Receipt/Return, Sales Fulfillment, Inventory Assembly or Inventory Refurbishment.
This alert INCLUDES a Custom Report that can be run on demand found in eAuto under Reports/Custom Reports:
- This alert is not intended to be an overstock report. It is best used to identify dead inventory and to manage end of life inventory.
- Be careful to pay attention to your warehouse selection
- By Item – can select any range of items via the advanced filter options:
2. Show Quantity in Warehouse(s) – can select all warehouses, one warehouse or a range of warehouse via the advanced filter options:
3. Number of Days in Aging Period - please use the default of 30 days as this field works in conjunction with Inventory Aging Report and does not impact this reports results.
4. Ignore items created in last XX days (We don’t want to consider items just transferred in but not used yet.)
5. Show only Items Where Average Cost is >X
6. Show Warehouse Details (yes/no)
7. Show Bin Details (yes/no)
8. Consider Usage Only From Warehouse(s) – you define which warehouse usage to be considered in this report. (Perhaps you only want to view usage for one branch. Or if you want to use report to determine if you should move inventory from one branch to another, then consider usage of all your warehouses.)
9. Items Last Used on Call Before
10. Items Last Used on Order Before
11. Items Last Receive on PO Before
12. Exclude if Active Contract Equip >X Machines – this report can look at how many active contract machines you have so as to consider your usage of parts for machines under contract. Designate a threshold for quantity of machines under contact via this filter. (use a high number, like 999,999 to consider everything)
Sample shows quantity of 3 on hand for the warehouse this report was run for (filter 2 above - Show Quantity in Warehouse) and also shows AllWarehouses OnHandQty of 4 (filter 8 above - Consider Usage Only From Warehouse(s)). Additionally, there are five machines under contract with model usage history of this part.
Summary Page Sample Shows Two Totals:
Running Total is the total value of inventory up to that point on the report.
Total Value of Inventory with No Activity is the portion of the Running Total that has No Activity.