Webinar video here.
Presentation attached at bottom, alerts referenced are; Sales order status series ID348, ID349, ID351, ID352, ID353, ID354, ID355, ID357. ID425, Delivery & Acceptance Form. ID266 Notify sales rep of new call / completed calls for selected calltypes, ID854 notify customer of delivery/dispatch. ID312 Equipment Install Survey / ID89 Thank You letter. See here for going overboard on sales order custom properties.
CEO Juice Process for Sales Orders: Paperwork to Delivery
Currently there is no good way to track deliveries in eAutomate. The option for most dealers is to remain on a manual system. This solution outlined here is not perfect but is an improvement over the manual process. This method combines two major themes. The first is to use sales order status to update sales representatives on the status of an order, the second is to use service calls as a tracking system. Using this system will give your company a better understanding on the number of delivers done weekly with Alerts like ID34 Technician Activity report and at the same time help you to understand the workload of trainers and IT staff. Companies utilizing this system will give sales reps and managers a direct link to status of sales and any issues that arise during the process.
This system also allows you to use the MapPoint integration (which is free) to map all your delivers and do better scheduling without having to enter additional information.
The main goal of this project was to setup a system to required less manual process for sales orders and deliveries. In addition, a way to give sales personnel a better understanding of what stage each sale was in. Here is a quick list of the goals:
- Remove the need to manually create delivery forms or equipment request forms
- Remove the need to manually update sales personnel on delivery, training and IT install status
- Increase the understanding on number of deliveries and utilization of delivery, training and IT staff
- Remove the need to move equipment to “Sale Pending” Bins
Using Sales Orders as a notification process:
This process will require that sales orders be created for each sale. This means that all sales are generated in the system and then delivered in the real world. Some dealers have been delivering equipment just using physical paperwork and creating the sales order in the eAutomate system at a later date. This is a bad practice as it can lead to missing work or missing billings. In addition, finding missing paperwork or lost product becomes a difficult process. In this system, the 1st step is to create the order in eAutomate and use eAutomate as your tracking system.
This will require two customer reports and multiple alerts to be turned on. It will also require one remote tech license per driver, trainer, and Network person.
The alert numbers are 266, 348, 349, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, and 357.
Customer reports are CEO Juice Delivery Ticket and CEO consolidated billing report.
See this link on using custom properties in your sales orders to track everything related to that order and stop keeping spreadsheets and passing folders around.
Running the Delivery Report:
This report is ID425. After this report is installed, the process of running the report is easy. Go to the Report Console, then to custom reports. The report name is CEO Juice Call Delivery Ticket. Find the calls you wish to print as delivery tickets and print them.
Items to Note:
- All Sales orders need to be one sales order to one location. This is due to the limit of each sales order having only one ship to. The consolidated billing at the end of this document shows how to do a multi-location sales order
- All Delivery tickets are one machine or service call. The copy feature makes it easy to create the training and IT follow up calls.
Email Notifications Sent:
When status of Sales Order is changed to the following:
The alert numbers are 348, 349, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, and 357.
- Open – Email to Sales Rep, Sales Manager, Warehouse Manager.
- Warehouse – Email sent to Sales Rep and Sales Manager.
- Scheduled – Email sent to Sales Rep and Sales Manager.
- Ready – Email sent to Sales Rep and Sales Manager.
- Delivered – Email is sent out to the Trainer and IT Network Tech.
When status of Delivery Ticket is changed to the following:
- Open – Email to Sales Rep (AlertID: 266), Sales Manager(AlertID: 266), Customer (AlertID: 854)
- Dispatched– Email to Sales Rep(AlertID: 266), Sales Manager(AlertID: 266), Customer(AlertID: 854)
- Survey sent to customer. (AlertID: 312 manual, ID524 automated)
- Sales Rep and sales manager (AlertID: 266)
Sales Order process:
Sales Order Statuses used to monitor flow or order. (** denotes email notifications being sent out)
**Open (Open) – newly created order. (set automatically by eAutomate)
**Open (Backordered)– Equipment, Parts or Supplies are on backorder. (set automatically by eAutomate)
** Warehouse (Open) – order received by Warehouse
** Warehouse (Backorder) – order received by Warehouse
**Scheduled (Open) – Order has been added to the shop schedule.
**Ready (Open) – Ready for Delivery. Add to Dispatch List with Delivery Date
Ready (Shipped) – Ready for Delivery -Shipped in eAutomate but has not been physically delivered.
**Delivered(shipped)– order has been delivered.
Note - Backorder status is automatically set by eAutomate. Warehouse will review backorder and clear is possible. Backorder status per line item must be cleared before status can be changed to Scheduled.
- Sales person turns in complete sales packet to Finance Department.
- Finance Department generates Sales Order in eAutomate with the following information on it:
- Equipment and accessories in the 1 .. 1.1 .. 1.2 parent / child format.
- "Transaction Out" info. (In Custom Properties)
- "Transaction In" info. (In Custom Properties)
- Connectivity required or not. (In Custom Properties)
- Date required if customer specific. (if ASAP then uncheck to "Required Date" checkbox and no date will appear on Sales Order / Pack List / Pick Ticket.)
- Pickup items must be noted in the REMARKS tab. (i.e. PICKUP EQ# 99999)
- Additional items as needed. (i.e. stairs, after hours delivery, etc)
- Order Status automatically set to "OPEN" or "OPEN (Backordered)"
- CEO Juice will send out auto generated email to Sales Person. (CEO JUICE ALERT ID#348)
- Warehouse checks for new orders by using eAutomate Sales Orders – Open Order Filter.
- Order Status set to "Warehouse" or "Warehouse (Backordered)"
- CEO Juice will send out auto generated email to Sales Person. (CEO JUICE ALERT ID#349)
- Warehouse adds supply items only to SO and associates them to the equipment line item. (1, 1.1, 1.2… parent / child format)
- Backordered items ordered from vendor and received into system.
- When all equipment and supplies are available , Production Control personnel will issue a Pick Ticket to the warehouse staff.
- Serial numbers will be recorded and turned back into Production Control.
- Equipment staged for make ready process in the shop with a copy of the Pick Ticket affixed the main piece of equipment.
- Equipment will be "built" in the system by attaching all the accessories in the SO to the Equipment record.
- Schedule shop by writing the job and due date on white board.
- Sales Order Status changed to "SCHEDULED". Scheduled dates are estimated delivery date only. Actual delivery date will be set when status is changed to "Ready"
- CEO Juice will send out auto generated email to Sales Person. (CEO JUICE ALERT ID#351)
- Equipment is made ready for delivery by shop technicians.
- Equipment checklist is filled out.
- Equipment checklist is returned to production control with copy of Pick Ticket.
- Schedule the Equipment Delivery, Training and IT if applicable in Dispatch Console.
- Email is auto generated to sales person and training department.
- Assign driver / tech, call type, priority.
- Confirm equipment address matches the delivery address and change if necessary.
- Verify contact information is the same as on the Sales Order.
- Schedule Due By Date and Time for drivers and tech. Enter date for Trainer and place of "Training" hold.
- Change Due By Date in Sales Order to reflect to ship date.
- Add Delivery Date and Time to Remarks section of Sales Order so that it prints on emails to sales reps and managers.
- Sales Order Status changed to "READY"
- CEO Juice will send out auto generated email to Sales Person with delivery date and time. (CEO JUICE ALERT ID#352)
- When item is ready to be delivered "Ship" the item in EAutomate. (see Ship Item in eAutomate Process page )
- This process will happen the day of delivery before drivers leave or the evening before
- Sales Order status will be changed to "READY (SHIPPED)" automatically in EAutomate.
- NO EMAIL WILL GO OUT AT THIS TIME. THIS IS A SYSTEMATIC SHIP. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE ITEM HAS BEEN DELIVERED. A LATER STATUS OF DELIVERED WILL INFORM ALL PARTIES WHEN THE EQUIPMENT HAS BEEN DELIVERED
- This causes all the equipment to be moved to an unavailable bin called “Shipped” and removes the need to create sales pending bins. Equipment will be allocated to the sales order.
- Print Service Call using custom report "CEO JUICE CALL DELIVERY TICKET" (ID425)
- Check off appropriate boxes for Transaction In / Out. (To be manually copied from Sales Order) – Image of form below.
- Give driver copy of Delivery Ticket(s) with run up sheet attached.
- Driver uses Remote Tech to dispatch himself to the delivery.
- When driver arrives at location he uses Remote Tech to "Arrive" at delivery.
- Driver delivers the equipment and makes note of the meter read on the delivery ticket. Attach any supporting documents to back of packet. Meter reads must be wrote on Delivery Ticket.
- Customer signs copy deliver acceptance or equipment release depending on work being preformed.
- Driver makes a copy of Delivery Ticket only and gives copy to customer.
- Driver uses Remote Tech to close delivery. Meter must be entered in order to close a call.
- Email is automatically sent out to salesperson informing him driver has completed the delivery.
- When possible driver faxes a copy of the delivery paperwork to Finance Department at XXX-XXX-XXXX
- Driver returns Delivery Ticket and all supporting documents to Production Control.
- Production Control Reviews for accuracy.
- Sales Order Status changed to "DELIVERED"
- CEO Juice will send out auto generated email to Delivery Group. (CEO JUICE ALERT ID# 353)
- Documents are scanned to Trenno.
- Documents are returned to Finance Department.
All the alerts used in this are the same alert with a different trigger (like Delivered). The alert numbers are 348, 349, 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, and 357.
What to do when I have multiple locations?
Currently eAutomate only has a single ship to location on the sales order. It is important to have the ship to location correct because this update the equipment locations.
The solution is to use “consolidated billing”.
Consolidated billing is turned on at the customer level. It is under the customer record and billing tab.
Put the check mark in the box and then click on the “…” three dots.
You can set a Consolidated billing cycle, but if you are going to bill the invoices then the consolidated just set it to daily. This way every day is a consolidated billing. For this propose check off Automatically Consolidate “Sales Invoices”.
After Consolidate is turned on for the customer bill to, you are ready to go.
When you fulfill the sales order, at the bottom is a “add to consolidated billing queue”, it should be checked off.
The fulfillment will follow all the normal process except that it will not let you print of the invoice.
The printer in the corner is greyed out.
In the Sales invoice the row Consolidate will show “Yes”
All GL entries are made at the time of the fulfillment.
Creating the Consolidated Invoice:
Go into Accounts receivable-> Consolidated billing
- Click on “New”
- Select you customer
- You can enter a PO and a Description
- If customer does not give you a PO, I suggest using order date plus initials from sales rep
- Select the invoices you wish to put together and click ok.
- MARK SURE TO PRINT BILLING at bottom. Otherwise you will not get a print out.
- When you return to the consolidated billing, it will be on the list. You can reprint consolidated at any time.
This will print out a summary Invoice and each sales order behind it.