It is not easy to understand from eAutomate who all your ShipOuts are and what, if any, business you get back from those dealers (ShipIns).
We suggest a few Best Practices in eAuto to identify:
1. Use Equipment Condition of ShipOut and another Condition of ShipIn.
2. Set Customer Records who are another dealer with Customer Type of Dealer
3. Set Vendor Records who are another dealer with Custom Property identifying as Dealer Vendor (Some dealers may want to have additional types to identify their preferred choice, perhaps Preferred Dealer or CDA Dealer as well as Dealer.)
You may also have Vouchers for non Dealers charges, such as an invoice for moving equipment that while still a cost of the contract, the vendor should not show on your list for service. Use the same custom property on the Vendor to remove these.
eAuto Equipment Record:
Set equipment shipped to your company with Condition Code: ITT ShipIn
Set equipment serviced by another dealer for your company with Condition code: ITT ShipOut
eAutomate Customer Record for Dealer:
Dealers customer type to: Dealer
eAutomate Vendor Record for Dealer:
- Customer Number: Set to the customer number for the dealer
- Vendor Customer Type: Set to Dealer