RMAs are Items returned to you from your customers
Advanced Replacement/Exchange, you ship the replacement and they ship the return item back
Return Item for credit only
1. Set up Return Codes: Under Tools / Lists & Codes / Return Codes, below are some examples of codes:
Identify the Stock Type accordingly, a Defective Item would be defective Vs a regular Exchange would be Standard stock type
Optional to set default Warehouses on Return Codes. Under Tools / Options / Company / Company Settings / Msc Tab
2. Creating RMA Order: Exchange/Replacement type RMA, means you will ship new item at same time they are returning the defective item. Under Sales / RMA Order / select New
RMA Type - AR Advanced Replacement
Return Code - Return Defective, populates the RTV Return Warehouse
You can either:
a) Add the item to be returned/replaced in #1 above, select prior invoice from the list, or
b) Add the item from the item drop down list as indicated below.
You will notice for the replacement RMA Type it populates two line items, item you will ship out and item customer ships back to you.
Once done select Save.
3. Ship the replacement item to your customer, select the RMA and hit Ship
4. Receive defective item from Customer, select Arrive
5. Fulfill the RMA
6. This next example will be a RMA for a Returned Item for Credit Only (no exchange)
RMA Type - C Credit
Return Code - RU Return Unhappy
If you want to change the credit amount you will provide to customer, edit the line item to adjust the amount (less any restocking fee if applicable)
When you receive the item back, select Arrive and then fulfill to close it out.