1. Does Power BI work for ECi Hosted clients?
2. Updated/Enhanced report from CEO Juice released
Any time CEO Juice releases an updated/enhanced report, you will need to download into Power BI and you MUST name it the exact same name (i.e. ID770, ID900 - NOT ID770-1 or ID900-2) as the previous. Otherwise you will have two different reports in Power BI.
3. Taking too long to load and publish:
-Are you subscribed to and on latest version of the needed ID# that corresponds to the report (i.e. ID770, ID900)?
-Do you have minimum 16GB RAM?
4. When refreshing or loading new version getting error of: ODBC: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
-Our report template assumes when Power BI originally configured that the data source is set with the name “CEOJuice_BI”. Click here for instructions on how to connect Power BI. If you did not set with that data source name, then you can (1) go back and re-configure connection for everything OR (2) every time we release an updated report you will need to refresh the data source settings to auto detect the data source name you configured:
5. Power BI Reports can be linked/accessed via Teams
Please see this Microsoft link on how to embed your Power BI Reports into Microsoft Teams
6. Your company has more than one eAuto database
You will need an ODBC connection for each database. To help identify, (1) name each uniquely (i.e. CEOJuice_BI_DB1 and CEOJuice_BI_DB2) and (2) point to each eAuto server:
Then we you have each databases report in Power BI, you should select (3) Transform Data:
Then use (4) Data Source Settings to (5) Change Source
(6) select appropriate datasource per database
7. Can't display visuals
Power BI Desktop is not intended for using the reports, it is intended for developers building reports. You should be accessing the Dashboard via the Power BI Service via our Office365 account, not the desktop version)