A CEOJuice background table indicating which Sales Rep is assigned to which Customer Records
Jump to Overview | Samples | Variables | Alert Functionality | Best Practices & Tips | Related Alerts
Do you keep the sales person for an account updated in eAutomate or your CRM? Many of our alerts have the option to send to the sales person on the account, some companies prefer the eAutomate sales person to be the supply rep as there are more supply orders. Tell us which to use - CRM or eAuto.
**CEO Juice will need to set this up for you and change any variables for you. A subscription to this alert is not visible to you as it requires coding changes on our side.**
Run Schedule: Daily AM
Type of Output: Email
* * *
* * *
Variable W: Indicate the source to pull your SalesRep information from [eAutomate] / [GoldMine] / [SalesLogix] / [MSCRM] / [ACT] / [Compass] / [Soaring] / [SalesChain] / [SalesForce]. CEO Juice will need to set this up for you and change any variables for you. Your subscription to this alert is not visible to you as it requires coding changes on our side. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any changes or inquiries.
Variable X: CRM in place (regardless of where sales info stored)
Variable Y: Enter Update/NoUpdate (to indicate if you want this alert to update your eAutomate customer records with the Sale Rep assignment from your CRM system mapped in this alert
**We don't update eAuto with your Sales Rep assignments for AgentDealer/SalesForce as they already have an integration process that does that via AgentDealer.
* * *
**CEO Juice will need to set this up for you and change any variables for you. Your subscription to this alert is not visible to you as it requires coding changes on our side.** Email us at email@example.com with any changes or inquiries.
(1) This process is used by CEO Juice to determine which rep is assigned to an account so we know what rep to send alert email to. This is used by the Send To Sales Rep and/or Sales Rep Manager (available for most alerts created for sales).
(2) By default we will use the eAuto Customer Record to determine who the Sales Rep is:
(3) We determine the Sales Manager from the manager listed on the Sales Reps eAuto Employee Record.
(4) Some clients would like us to use their CRM to determine who the Sales Rep is. For many CRM's we can accommodate. We still, however, use the eAuto Employee Record to determine the Sales Rep's manager.
We will need to know where your CRM database is and, if on a separate server from eAuto, then we will need a login into that server with access to the database. This is predicated on that source being hosted within your local windows domain and accessible from the eAutomate SQL Server.
If your CRM is hosted in the cloud (not local), then your CRM will need to provide us direct access to your CRM database via a SQL login on the local server so we can create a link to that server. We have experienced success with this from Sherpa WhiteCup, SalesChain, SalesForce via AgentDealer/SailorGroup, and MS Dynamics. You will need to reach out to your CRM and ask them to provide us credentials per CRM Connection Requirements below.
(5) If you have multiple Sales Reps per customer (Document Management, MPS etc.) email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will explain how to handle this.
(6) We don't update eAuto with your Sales Rep assignments (VariableY) for AgentDealer/SalesForce as they already have an integration process that does that via AgentDealer. We do not have any way to work directly with SalesForce. Please see CRM Connection Requirements below for details.
CRM Connection Requirements
CRM Connection Requirements
We are able to connect to most CRMs to see who the sales rep on an account is, instead of looking inside eAutomate. We find most clients will only keep one database accurately updated and that is likely to be the CRM.
In order to set up this connection, we will (1) need to know how you assign reps in your CRM (i.e. primary rep, territory, zone) and (2) need the below rights/access assigned by your IT department:
- If the CRM is on the same server as eAuto, then we just need you to add db_owner permissions to our ceojuice SQL user for that database.
- If it’s on a separate server, then we need you to create a SQL user for CEOJuice. with db_owner permissions to the CRM database. Then we need to know the address of the server and instance name, the SQL user name, the password and CRM database name. Your IT will then need to create a linked server from EA/CEOJuice SQL server to the CRM SQL server.
- If it's hosted in the cloud, then what we need depends on the CRM:
Sherpa/WhiteCup: WhiteCup needs to create a SQL user with db_owner permissions to the Sherpa database. They would then need to provide us the address of the server, login, password and database name of the Sherpa database. If hosted internally on different server, then your IT also needs to create a linked server from EA/CEOJuice SQL server to the CRM SQL server.AgentDealer/SailorGroup: Have their own process to update eAuto Customer Record Sales Rep assignment, so get them to do that and CEOJuice will look at your eAuto Customer Record.
- SalesForce (not AgentDealer): nothing available
- SalesChain: you will need to contact SalesChain directly letting them know you wish to push your Sales Rep assignments to us. SalesChain will need to update table named ZCJ_SalesChainSRA in CEO Juice database. Your IT will need set the SalesChain SQL user with at least db_datareader and db_datawriter permissions to the CEOJuice database (if you need help with this step, please contact Sales Chain). Once completed, please reach out to email@example.com to let us know so we can set on our side.
CRM and EA Requirements
CRM and eAuto Requirements
1.The ERP Number/Customer Number in your CRM must match the Customer Number in eAuto. Please note our process pulls the the Sales Rep from the Parent Account and maps it to all the locations of that account, so please check the rep assignment on the Parent Account.
2. The rep email in your CRM MUST match the email in Sales Rep' Employee Record in eAuto in order for the update to occur.
* * *
Best Practices & Tips
Best Practices & Tips
-If the wrong rep is receiving our alerts, then please check the following:
- Does the ERP Number/Customer Number in your CRM for this account match the Customer Number in eAuto? Please note our process pulls the the sales rep from the Parent Account and maps it to all the locations of that account, so please check the rep assignment on the Parent Account.
- Have there been any recent changes in how you map your reps in your CRM (i.e. Primary Rep vs Zone/Territory assignment)? If so, please let firstname.lastname@example.org know.
- Does the rep email in your CRM match the email in Sales Rep' Employee Record in eAuto? The sync works by matching email in eAuto Employee record to CRM's User record, so they need to match exactly. Once you update the eAuto or CRM User record, the next time the sync runs, it will find that rep’s accounts and update them.
* * *
ID653 - Update Key Customer Info in Compass Sherpa / White Cup