A CEOJuice background table indicating which Sales Rep is assigned to which Customer Records
Do you keep the sales person for an account updated in eAutomate or your CRM? Many of our alerts have the option to send to the sales person on the account, some companies prefer the eAutomate sales person to be the supply rep as there are more supply orders. Tell us which to use - CRM or eAuto.
**CEO Juice will need to set this up for you and change any variables for you. A subscription to this alert is not visible to you as it requires coding changes on our side.**
Run Schedule: Daily
Type of Output: Email
* * *
* * *
Variable W: Indicate the source to pull your salesrep information from [eAutomate] / [GoldMine] / [SalesLogix] / [MSCRM] / [ACT] / [Compass] / [Soaring] / [SalesChain] / [SalesForce]
Variable X: CRM in place (regardless of where sales info stored)
Variable Y: Enter Update/NoUpdate (indicate if you want this alert to update your eautomate customer records with the salesrep assignment from your CRM system mapped in this alert)
* * *
**CEO Juice will need to set this up for you and change any variables for you. Your subscription to this alert is not visible to you as it requires coding changes on our side.** Email us at email@example.com with any changes or inquries.
-We will need to know where your database is and if on a separate server than eAuto, then we will need a login into that server with access to the database.
This is predicated on that source being hosted within your local windows domain and accessible from the eAutomate SQL Server. So unfortunately anything hosted on the cloud we can't access.
To work around cloud hosting, your CRM would need to provide us direct access to your CRM database via a SQL login on the local server so we can create a link to that server. We have experienced success with this from Sherpa WhiteCup, SalesChain, SalesForce via Sailor Group, and MS Dynamics. You will need to reach out to your CRM and let us know if they are willing to.
-If you have multiple Sales Reps per customer (Document Management, MPS etc.) email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will explain how to handle this.
CRM Connection Requirements
We are able to connect to most CRMs (provided they are installed locally and not in the Cloud), to see who the sales rep on an account is, instead of looking inside eAutomate. We find most clients will only keep one DB accurately updated and that is likely to be the CRM.
In order to set up this connection, we will need the below rights/access assigned:
- If the CRM is on the same server as EA, then we just need you to add db_reader permissions to our ceojuice SQL user for that database.
- If it’s on a separate server, then we need you to create a SQL user similar to the one on the EA SQL Server, with the same password and db_reader permissions to the CRM db.
Updating from Compass Sherpa White Cup to eAuto:
1.The ERP number in Compass for the account must match the Customer Number in eAuto. Please note our process pulls the the sales rep from the Parent Account and maps it to all the locations of that account, so please check the rep assignment on the Parent Account.
2. The rep email in Compass MUST match the email in Sales Rep' Employee Record in eAuto in order for the update to occur.
* * *
Best Practices & Tips
Best Practices & Tips
For Compass Sherpa White Cup:
-If the wrong rep is receiving our alerts, then please check the following:
- Does the ERP number in Sherpa for this account match the Customer Number in eAuto? Please note our process pulls the the sales rep from the Parent Account and maps it to all the locations of that account, so please check the rep assignment on the Parent Account.
- Have there been any recent changes in how you map your reps in Sherpa (I.e. Primary Rep vs Zone/Territory assignment)? If so, please let email@example.com know.
- Does the rep email in Sherpa match the email in Sales Rep' Employee Record in eAuto? The sync works by matching email in eAuto Employee record to Sherpa's User record, so they need to match exactly. Once you update the eAuto or Sherpa User record, the next time the sync runs, it will find that rep’s accounts and update them.
* * *
ID653 - Update Key Customer Info in Compass Sherpa Whitecup