NOTE: THIS ALERT IS NOT FOR ANY CLIENT WHO HAS BEEN ON eAUTOMATE FOR LESS THAN 18 MONTHS! !
This task process is to run through and inactivate CustomerRecords. eAutomate is a true relational database. Therefore deleting any records once they have been used in any context in the system is not possible as this would impact the integrity of the database and your historical reports. So eAuto has the 'Active' checkbox at the bottom of most records and this checkbox controls the visibility of that record (customer, item, code, etc) in the drop down lists in eAutomate.
We check to see if the customer is still Active by seeing if any of the following conditions are true:
1. Check to see if customer is assigned as the Customer on any active equipment OR
2. Is Customer location on any Active Equipment OR Any Sales Orders for this Customer in last VariableW months OR
3. On any Sales Orders where Customer was BillTo or ShipTo in last VariableW months OR
4. Customer had any ARInvoice activity in last VariableW months OR
5. Customer was the BillTo or ShipTo on any ARInvoice activity in last VariableW months OR
6. Customer has any open SalesOrders, UnAppliedAR, or open AR Balance OR
7. Customer is the BillTo on any Active Service Contracts
If NONE of the above are true, then the program assumes the customer is no longer active and will un-check the active box for the customer.
**Our installer will run this in test mode first so you can see a list before we make any changes to your eAuto.**
See ID157 for making EquipmentRecord inactive.