Automatically place customers past due with lease company on hold.
We place our customers on credit hold to force them to stay current (most often done with an e-agent automated task). However, if you are billing through the leasing company, you may not know when the customer is late. The leasing company pays you once they are paid and this process ties that together and allows you to also place customers who are late with the leasing company on hold and take them off hold when they pay. You must use a unique on hold code for this process that is not used for anything else.
When the lease company is billing for any service coverage, best practice is to set the the "Bill to" on the Contract Record to the lease company. This creates a pass through billing to record your service revenue, which creates an invoice under your lease company AR in e-automate. Your lease company only compensates you AFTER the customer has paid them. So, if your lease company invoices are past due, then so is your customer.
Run Schedule: Daily, 15-minutes prior to your Variable 2 setting
Type of Output: Email
* * *
* * *
Variable W: Enter On Hold Code to be used by the process (will place customers on this On Hold Code and will only remove customers from this On Hold Code) - only one On Hold Code permitted and you will need to create it in e-automate:
Variable X: Dollars Overdue - Enter dollar amount overdue before placing customer on hold. Whole numbers only, no decimals please)
Variable Y: Days Overdue -Enter how many days overdue the lease payment is before placing customer on hold
Variable Z: Enter Customer Type(s) indicating which customers are leasing companies
Variable 1: Sort Order - Enter 'Customer Name', 'Customer Number', or 'Action Taken' to order according to those fields, or 'Parent' to group parent and child accounts together
Variable 2: Time of Day (in AM/PM) e-agent functionality runs to place customers auto on/off hold. We will set this alert to fire 15 minutes prior. This is to ensure your e-agent task has opportunity to put the actual customer on hold in case they are late on any directly issued invoices.
Variable 3: Enter Branch Numbers for the alert to trigger on (leave blank for ALL)
* * *
1. We will install in test mode first so you can review before any changes made to e-automate. Once you are ready for On Hold codes to be changed, just let us know you are ready to go live.
2. Alert will:
1. identify Contract Invoices with Bill To of lease company (set on Variable Z) and
2. if invoice is past due (set on Variable Y) and
3. if Customer Record is set to use e-agent to put on/off hold
4. THEN the alert will put Customer Record on hold with On Hold Code listed on Variable W
-Alert will also remove customer from that On Hold Code, if invoices become current.
-If a contract is past due and the customer listed on the contract is a "child/location" customer of another customer record (parent customer), the parent customer will be included and reference to "See child accounts".
Place on Hold - by review of this alert, this account/contract has been put On Hold for being late with the lease company. Our alert will override On Hold code of CH, but nothing else. See PrevOnHoldCode column, for what the On Hold was. If states 'None', then this account was not previously On Hold.
Qualified, no action. On Hold - this Contract qualifies to be put On Hold via this alert; however, account already on hold (with On Hold code other than CH)
Qualified, no action. AutoOnHold off - this Contract qualifies to be put On Hold via this alert; however, account not set to use e-agent task to automatically place account on/off hold:
Customer = Customer Number and Name listed on contract(s)
Bill To = Bill To Number and Name on contract(s)
Contract(s) = Contracts past due causing qualification on alert
Previous OnHoldCode = previous On Hold Code, prior to alert firing
Max Days Past Due = oldest contract invoice days past due
Max Past Due Date = oldest contract invoice due date
* * *
Best Practices & Tips
Best Practices & Tips
1. Requires best practice of setting Contract Record with BillTo of lease company and of posting payments from leasing company in a timely manner.
2. Assumed Best Practice of writing off bad debt, resulting in $0.00 balance due for accounts sent to collections.
3. Placing or releasing a hold on the customer record has no effect on any open transactions.
4. See THIS LINK on Best Practice for setting ONE Contract Record to bill base to lease company and overages to customer
5. See THIS LINK on how to set eAgent to auto place customers on/off hold
6. You will need to create OnHold code matching that which is listed in VariableW of your alert subscription:
* * *
None at this time
* * *