This alert will send an email when a new call is opened and closed for a particular customer or equipment. It requires you set a custom property in the Customer Record (alerts go out for all calls for that customer) OR on the equipment record (alert only for a specific machine).
Run Schedule: Hourly
Type of Output: Email only
* * *
* * *
This custom property MUST be assigned to either a Customer Record or Equipment record
* * *
This alert will trigger when a new service call is entered based on the below being set:
1. Only alerts for service calls with a Call Type linked to a category of Corrective Maintenance CM or Preventative Maintenance PM.
2. This alert will auto install so it does require you to create the Custom Property Attribute in eAuto (via Lists & Codes) and configure to both Equipment and Customer. Attribute is a Yes/No Data Type, and there is no default. See Tips & tricks below on how to set up.
3. Attribute name must match that in Variable W.
4. No need to select to Sales Rep on your alert subscription as alert already programmed to send to Sales Rep set on Customer Record
5. Alert considers SalesRep on Customer Record (regardless of whether CustomProperty set at Equipment or Customer Level):
6. Customer Custom Property does not override the Equipment Custom Property - it is an OR. So if the Custom Property is set on the customer record or the equipment record, SalesRep will get notified. If the equipment record is set to No but the customer record is set to Yes, SalesRep will still get notified. One does not override the other.
Best Practices & Tips
This alert will require you to create the Custom Property Attribute in eAuto under Tools / Lists & Codes / Attributes. Create the attribute below and set as a Yes/No Data Type.
Then under Tools / Lists & Codes / Custom Properties, assign this attribute to BOTH the Customer configuration and Equipment configuration.
Email email@example.com if you need any assistance with creating these.
Note the attribute name MUST
* * *