This is used by Service Managers/Owners/Sales to alert them when a new service call is placed for a specific customer or a specific piece of equipment. This contact assignment can be done at Equipment, Customer or Parent Level. The hierarchy is Parent overrides Customer, Customer overrides Equipment.
This alert only fires for calls of Call Type Category CM or PM (Corrective or Preventative Maintenance)
The alert will not notify on same status if status reverts back to a previously reported on status (i.e. tech undispatches from call, alert will NOT notify again that call is opened/pending).
** Requires a tech be assigned to Service Call**
WHO will receive?
First you will need to assign the Contact to receive these notices. This can be done at Equipment, Customer or Parent Level. The hierarchy is Parent overrides Customer, Customer overrides Equipment.
And Customer Level is here (not Location # assigned):
*If you need this alert to go to more than one fixed email address, then please let email@example.com know. We can tweak the alert so it considers 'other emails' on the Contact Record. To consider Other Emails on Contact Record the format needed is to separate Other emails with semi-colon as show below:
Following are the steps to assign this attribute to a Customer Record.
The process is nearly identical for Equipment.
- In eAutomate, open the Customer window by clicking the Customer button on the toolbar.
- Select the customer that you want to email notices for and double click to open the customer detail.
- Click on the Custom Properties tab.
- In the Configuration dropdown, select the Customer- Customer Custom Properties option.
- Now click on the search icon next to the attribute value (from VarW -ZCJSvcMgrContact) and select the contact you want to send the alerts to from the drop-down list.
(this alert will also email anyone cc: or bcc: on your alert subscription)
WHAT statuses will it be sent?
Your subscription VarZ (Opened, Completed) determines what status' the contact will be informed of. This can be overriden at the Customer Level via Custom Property listed in VarY (ZCJ53MgrCallAlertStatus). Overriding this can ONLY be done at the Customer Level (not at the Equipment or Parent Level)
Select which status to notify of:
FYI completed is same as status of OK to Invoice (OKB) and Cleared (C)