Sends an email to your customers (the person listed in the service call in the "Caller contact" field) advising them when the call is opened, dispatched, arrived, rescheduled and/or completed.
Do you have customers complaining that they had to call in multiple times to get a response? Are your dispatchers and technicians spending too much time calling customers with updates? This alert will send an email confirming the call has been Opened/Dispatched/Closed/Invoiced/Rescheduled/Canceled. (Note - we can now include a photo of the technician, click HERE for how) You can choose at the customer level how many emails they get since some may just want to be notified when the tech is on the way, while others may want all.
We find that when the technician knows that dispatching means telling the customer they are on the way, they tend to go straight there and not detour. You have the option to default this process on for all customers except those who say no, or just turn it on for specific customers (Variable Y). This can also be a question on the closed call survey and just turn on for people who answer the question. For those clients who are proactive in setting up/planning PM calls and do not want to notify the customer, these PM calls can be excluded. Customers seem to really like this, especially knowing who is coming and may even greet your tech by their first name. We email the person who placed the call, not the equipment contact.
We have other alerts similar to ID181, see here for the differences.
Use ID302,851,854,855,856,857,858,868,985,989 for additional versions of this alert to allow for different verbiage and variables on the alert (i.e. Call Types to trigger on)
Run Schedule: every 5 minutes
Type of Output: email to your customer
* * *
We can customize verbiage, logo, font, and color (please provide specific custom color or RGB number to match your branding.
Custom signatures can also be added showing company detail, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.:
Enhance your customer's experience with any/all of the following:
1. Photo of the technician
2. Technician's NPS Score and info about your technician's qualifications or personal info (i.e. family of four, likes to go hiking, cook)
3. GPS tracking
* * *
Variable1: Call Status to alert on (options: Opened, Dispatched, Arrived, Completed, Invoiced, Canceled)
FYI - completed is same as status of OK to Invoice (OKB) and Cleared (C)
Variable2: Custom Property on Customer Record to override call status defaults in Variable 1
Variable3: Call Types to trigger on. Leave blank for ALL CM/PM category calls OR enter 'Include' or 'Exclude' to indicate if Preventative Maintenance category calls should be included.
Call Categories seen in List & Codes / Call Types:
Variable W: Custom Property assigned to Customer Records to be EXCLUDED from receiving emails
Variable X: Contact Category Attribute assigned to CONTACTS to be EXCLUDED from receiving emails
Variable Y: Enter 'ALL' to send to all customers EXCEPT disabled or enter 'SELECTED' to send ONLY to customers you've enabled in custom properties (see below)
Variable Z: Enter either 'Include' or 'Exclude' call remarks on the closed call email
**Consider ID743 - List Of Tech Call Remarks And Notes Summary to ensure you are watching what remarks are sending to your customers
New variable options available as of rev# 2023.03.14:
Variable 4: If you'd like an automated message added to these service emails promoting use of your eInfo portal, then enter the CreatorID(s) used by eInfo to create records in EA, user is typically called "einfo". Then when a call is logged in EA by any User THAT IS NOT "einfo", a message is automatically added to the email output sent to your customers, recommending they request service online for future calls.
**Depending on your eAuto version, the creator may be e-Info or eInfo, so you may want to enter both values in Variable4 to ensure all are considered.
We will automatically use the URL listed for your eInfo as listed in Tools / Options / Misc. Options:
Variable 5: Include Datablaze tracking link on tech's first call of the day?
Select 'Yes' if you want to include the tracking information link on all dispatched calls, including their 1st call dispatched of the day.
Select 'No' if you do not want to include the tracking information link on the technicians' first call of the day.
*NOTE: MUST BE USING DATABLAZE FOR TRACKING*
Variable 5: Branch Numbers to trigger on, separated by comma, or blank for ALL
* * *
1. We will set this alert up in test mode first as it is a customer-facing alert for you. While in test mode, the alert will only send to any email(s) recipients listed on the To/CC/BCC section of your alert subscription. You can safely enter the actual "Caller contact" on your service calls since the alert is not wired to consider those emails while in test mode. While in test mode, however, you MUST still have a "Caller contact" listed on the service call in order for alert to send samples.
Once you've reviewed sample emails and feel comfortable with the alert's functionality, then you can let us know at email@example.com that you are ready to go live. At that time, we suggest removing emails from the To/CC section as their email will show on emails sent to your customers and those email addresses will likely receive a lot of emails. BCC recipients will receive copies of the notification emails as they are sent.
2. You can also set emails to include the technician, the technician's manager, the sales rep, the sales manager, and/or the creator of the service call to be included on emails. But please note they will receive EVERY qualifying email send to your customer.
3. For those of you using Branch Roles, you can also send to Branch Roles:
4. The alert will only send to the "Caller contact" (once alert is running live and no longer in test mode) listed on the service call. There must be a valid email address in contact's record or no email will be sent.
5. As of Alert Revision# 20191210, the alert considers Cancelled/Canceled (regardless of spelling) AND if call is marked as Cleared.
6. The Ready to Review (cleared) function is in the service call. It is considered the same status as Completed. This function is typically use when the call is ready for review to ensure no errors in the entries before marking it OK to invoice. (e-agent will only pick up calls that are set to OK to invoice when auto invoicing service calls. This Ready to Review (cleared) function prevents the service call from being billed via e-agent Auto Invoice task.)
Not Getting Notified of Expected Status?
The alert considers the status seen here in the call notes of the service call (right click on the service call and select Notes):
**If the technician does not update the call's status as call is worked (dispatched, arrived, completed), then alert will not "see" the status and can not send email to the caller. Also, the TIME entered is very important. The alert runs every 15-minutes, so if the call isn't worked real time and the status is marked as dispatched, arrived, completed all at same time (even with edited times), the alert will not "see" the changing status at the time the alert runs to send emails.
The alert will not notify on same repeat status twice. If the call is reverted back to a prior status, i.e. technician dispatches to a call the email is sent, if the tech then un-dispatches and then re-dispatches at a later time, the alert WILL NOT email again.
Calls on Credit Hold status are still considered "pending/opened" calls by e-automate and the alert will still email when those calls are entered.
How to Turn Alert On for Customer:
It is ONLY necessary to turn the alert ON for your customer IF you have Variable Y set to SELECTED mode:
Under the Customer Record / Custom Properties tab, set Custom Property ZCJCallAlertsOnOff to ON:
For large customers with multiple locations, you can set this Custom Property at the Parent Level which will automatically include the child location Level (unless overridden).
If there is a specific contact who does not wish to receive the email notifications, you can turn off for that contact specifically on the Contact Record:
How to Turn Alert Off for Customer:
If you are running this alert in ALL Mode (set in on Variable Y), you can turn this alert OFF for a specific customer or contact:
For large customers with multiple locations, you can set this Custom Property at the parent level which will automatically include the child location level (unless overridden).
Note: To keep your help desk contact currently receiving ID54 from also receiving duplicate alerts from ID181 (when they are the caller), use ZCJNoCallAlert contact category to disable ID181 for that particular contact.
Variable 1 designates what status(es) your alert will notify of:
FYI completed is same as status of OK to Invoice (OKB) and Cleared (C)
You can override these status at the Customer Record Level via Custom Property ZCJ181CallStatusOverride (Variable 2):
Select any variation of status(es) needed in the drop down. Remember, this is ONLY required IF customer does not want the status(es) listed in your Variable 1.
If you need this alert to go to more than one email, we can wire it to consider Other emails from the Contact Record (or consider ID54 which sends to a fixed contact regardless of the Caller Contact). If needed, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org asking us to set ID181 to consider Other emails. If you have multiple emails listed in the Other emails field, separate them with a semi-colon please.
* * *
Best Practices & Tips
Best Practices & Tips
What to check if your customer not getting emails:
1. Does the Service Call have a valid Caller Contact listed with a valid email address?
2. Is the Call Type set with Category other than Corrective Maintenance or Preventative Maintenance (if you have Variable 3 set to include PM/Preventative Maintenance calls)?
3. Check the call notes, did technician mark the call as complete? Are the time stamp differences on each status at least 15 minutes apart?
4. Is there an issue with the from email address listed on your subscription? Please check with your IT Department to ensure ceojuice user has permissions to send as (not on behalf of) the email address listed here on your subscription (otherwise emails wont actually get to your customers and we have no way of knowing that is happening). Then let us know so we can test to make sure.
CLICK HERE for instructions on needed permissions for ceojuice user.
We include a question on the Service Call Survey ID109 that asks customers if they would like this service. We see 68% of people answer yes to this and about 12% answer no.
Send from email settings:
-This alert is considered a customer facing alert, so we highly recommend setting the from email address on your subscription to an email address your staff manages should your customer reply to the email received (i.e. service@ or support@).
HOWEVER, be sure your IT Dept has set needed send as (not on behalf of) permissions; otherwise, emails will be generated but not actually sent once they reach your email server to send out. Please see THIS LINK on needed permissions set up for you IT. Once completed, please email us email@example.com so we can test (before you change your subscription)
Tech Photos on Email:
Enhance your customer's experience with any/all of the following:
1. Photo of Tech
2. Tech's NPS Score and info about your tech's qualifications or personal info (i.e. family of four, likes to go hiking, cook)
3. GPS Tracking (see "Uber" Style Tracking details below)
See THIS LINK for how to set up. By default, we will only include tech picture on status of dispatched and arrived.
"Uber" Style Tracking Link:
We can include a link in the email when tech is dispatched to keep your customer continuously updated as to location and ETA. See THIS LINK on needed set up.
* * *
ID54 - New Call Opened/Dispatched/Closed For Help Desk
ID87 - Reminder To Link A Contact & Email Address On A Service Call
ID591 -Customer Has Indicated Via Survey To Receiving Email Notifications On Service Calls
ID743 - List Of Tech Call Remarks And Notes Summary
Clones available (ask firstname.lastname@example.org) to use for different call types or branches, can have separate settings, verbiage, contact details etc...