We give you the option to only alert if the total profit on the contract is less than X % (default is 100). The manufacturers base their numbers on 5% fill for each color and this is a variable in our alert. You also have the option to set this fill variable at the contract level, if there is nothing set there we use the one in the alert.
It's important you have a process for what happens when this alert triggers. Something like this:
Over 100% profit on the contract no alert triggers. Less than 50% profit customer gets an email saying check shelves, less than 10% and the order has to be approved before it can ship.
We also suggest you focus your efforts on ID758 - Biggest Toner Problems.
If you are getting too many alerts and not doing anything with them consider setting the variable to whatever that management sign off fill % is and just get alerted on those. If you have a print for pay customer with a single click 11X17 perhaps set a different fill to alert on at the contract.
Excessive toner customers usually fall in to 1 of 5 groups.
- Copy shop printing full bleed 11 X 17 brochures and you may have had to agree to a single click for 11X17.
- Customer who has additional equipment not on contract with you that uses the same toner. Could be that you are just better / faster at shipping than whomever has the other units under contract, could be that customer is intentionally abusing.
- Customer who has lots of misplaced toner sitting on a shelf somewhere and a reminder to place an order every month.
- Manufacturer has toner low alerts coming on when still 30% left, customer replaces toner as soon as light shows.
- Customer has an employee selling the toner on eBay.