Our excessive toner alert (ID315) tells you when a supply order is entered and the customer is using too much toner. This weekly report ID758 helps you focus on your biggest toner problems and whether they are profitable or not. We are looking at pages billed versus pages shipped and the machine(s) with the biggest difference (column 11) is your biggest problem. This alert will show you the Top 10 potential problem contracts for both color and black/white toner types based just on toner usage vs. billed clicks. So it might be worth sending someone onsite to see if there are stocks of toner for devices not under contract with you.
Sample and explanation of ID758/Biggest Toner Problems
(right click on image to enlarge)
1. Group Name = identifies what level ID315 Variable1 is firing off off (Contract, Customer, ShipTo, or BillTo) Default is Contract click here for more.
2. Group Number = identifies the contract or customer the reported group belongs to
3. Cust Name = Customer Name
4. Model = Model of equipment under contract identified as potential toner problem
5. # of Equp = Total quantity of equipment on contract using this toner type (BLK or CLR) Note we averarge volume if more than 1.
If a toner item is usable in more than one Model of machine the alert will do the math to determine, on average, how often that toner item is used in the various eligible Models and prorate the toner shipments accordingly. We do this using data of our own, it does not rely on the RelatedItem tables but instead looks at sales orders over the past twelve months (ID500 logic) to determine a weighted average. If a toner item is used 30% in one Model, 30% in another and 40% in the third, then the total toner shipments for that cartridge for that reporting group will be assigned 30/30/40. This is independent of how your order staff have assigned the toner line items in the sales order (what eqp they've assigned it to) since in our experience sometimes they take shortcuts and don't select the Eqp the caller specifies.
6. Toners Shipped = Total toners of Toner Type listed in column 7 shipped over lifetime
If more than one model group can use the same toners then usage is prorated between them. We don't roll up to 'all Eqp of any model which can use a toner' because sometimes we find situations where SOME toners can be used in multiple models but not ALL toners can be used in those same multiple models. We have to prorate at item level and spread out the clicks/toner cartridges to the different groups.
7. Toner Type = indicates if BLK or CLR toner
8. Fill Rate % = approximate fill rate of each click
BLK formula is (Clicks Shipped / Clicks Billed)*5. We use five (5) in our formula because manufacturer promises 5% fill rate - so if 5,000 clicks shipped / 5,000 clicks billed * 5, then is 5% fill.
CLR formula is (Clicks Shipped / Clicks Billed)/3) *(5)). Divide by three for each color toner, then multiply by 5 because manufacturer promises 5% fill rate - so if 5,000 clicks shipped / 5,000 clicks billed * 5, then is 5% fill.
9. Group Clicks Billed = lifetime total clicks billed of this Toner Type for this Model
10. Group Clicks Shipped = lifetime total clicks shipped of this Toner Type (yield from ItemRecord * total qty toner type shipped)
11. Group Click Difference = Group Clicks Shipped minus Group Clicks Billed Sorted by this column! This is your pages billed versus shipped.
Columns 12 - 15 are 100% based on ID315 (excessive toner alert) analytics (customer contract profitability) data. Please see THIS POST to understand RY01 definition.
12. Revenue RY01 = Revenue for last Rolling Year based on Group Level (i.e. Contract, Customer) per your ID315 Variable1 setting.
13. Cost RY01 = Cost for last Rolling Year based on Group Level (i.e. Contract, Customer) per your ID315 Variable1 setting.
14. Margin % RY01 = Margin for last Rolling Year based on Revenue RY01 and Cost RY01, formula is (1 - Cost/Revenue) = GM%.
15. Actual Meter Clicks RY01 = actual clicks produced for this Toner Type over last Rolling Year (this is billed meters through last billing plus an estimate of then until now when alert fired)
16. Plan Note, any note you have entered at either contract or customer level (looks at your ID315 Var1 level - contract, customer, ShipTo, or BillTo). This field looks at your NoteType in Var 2 of ID768/560, default is ReviewAction. See more information here on entering plan notes.
Snooze Date, snooze the contract from this report, by setting a future date in the Contract / Custom Properties tab / ZCJTonerSnooze. When the date passes if still an issue it will reappear on the list.
This alert relies heavily on ItemRecords containing accurate yield and meter usage info (see your ID316 output to verify) these fields:
***Of Special Note***
If you are finding a model listed on this alert that is no longer listed under the contract, be sure to uncheck "Show Only Current Equipment" in the Contract Record to see equipment terminated from contract.
If you are still finding this model doesn't exist, then it likely because the machine was removed from the ContractRecord. This alert will still pick up toner usage based on historical analytics data. Best Practice for eAuto when removing equipment from contract is to Edit ContractEquipment and terminate.
**PLEASE DO NOT DELETE THE MACHINE FROM CONTRACT RECORD**
See THIS POST for Best Practices on Adding/Terminating/Prorating Equipment on Contract
See THIS POST on using TerminationCodes in eAuto