This page goes over frequently asked questions regarding the ConnectWise integration. If you do not see the answer to your question here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Integration Set Up
Integration Set Up
1. Is there any extra cost to using this integration?
No, the ConnectWise integration is included in your CEO Juice services and doesn't have any extra cost.
2. Does it matter if my ConnectWise or e-automate is hosted or on-premise?
No, the sync works with on-premise and hosted versions of both ConnectWise and e-automate.
3. Where should I start with the integration?
The customer sync should always be the first alert that you set up, the customer mapping that is done with this alert is used in all other alerts and is required. From there, subscribe and test the alerts that relate to the processes that you are using in ConnectWise. The usual order is to move to agreements after customers are set up, then to service calls or sales orders, depending on usage in ConnectWise. There is some overlap between the syncs, though none are required beyond the customer sync.
The service sync utilizes the agreement-to-contract mapping from the agreement sync, finding the correct contract to attach to service calls created by the service sync is made easier when the agreement sync is running. The same is true for the project invoice sync.
When using the ID912 sync to create calls in ConnectWise, you will need to be running ID965 if you want the completed ticket information from ConnectWise to sync back to e-automate.
1. Why do I need to create API keys?
The sync works based on API calls to pull information from ConnectWise and push updates to ConnectWise, the API keys give us access to make these calls.
2. Will the API user use one of my ConnectWise user licenses?
No, the API user that you set up does not use a ConnectWise license.
3. How do I send in the API keys?
You can email us the API key information or add it to our website yourself. To add the information to the website, you'll need to have an admin login to the site. Details on how to add the keys to the website are here.
4. I don't have the private key from ConnectWise, how do I retrieve that?
After the keys are created, you can't view the private key again. If you didn't write the key down at the time it was created, you'll need to create new keys for the API user.
5. What security rights does the API user have to have?
Normally, our API user has admin access, but you can lock down the security access for the API user. See the graphic here that details the minimum rights the API user has to have.
1. I have the e-automate customer number stored in ConnectWise, do I still need to update the custom property in e-automate?
If you have the e-automate customer number stored in either the Company ID field or the Account ID field, the sync will match the e-automate customer to the ConnectWise company and automatically update the custom property in e-automate with the Company RecID from ConnectWise. You do need to make sure that the customer record in e-automate has the proper custom property configuration assigned so that the custom property is available for the sync to update.
2. I only want the sync to update certain companies in ConnectWise, how do I do that?
You can filter the customer records that the sync will process using a customer type, contract type, or branch number. These filters are all variable settings that can be updated on the ID747 subscription. Additionally, there is a custom property called ZCJ_SyncToCW that can be used to stop a customer from syncing to ConnectWise. When this property is set to No, the sync will not update ConnectWise for this customer.
3. I don't want the sync to update certain fields in ConnectWise, is that possible?
We can turn off updates to specific fields in ConnectWise if needed, you'll just need to send an email to email@example.com with the specific fields that shouldn't be updated.
4. Is there a way to tell if the sync has updated or created a company in ConnectWise?
You can use the Audit Trail tab of the company record to determine if the record was created or updated by the CEOJuice API user:
5. How do I tell which companies are mapped to customers in e-automate?
You should have an e-view called CW Mapped Customers in the shared section of e-views, you can use this e-view to quickly see what customers are mapped. Main customers (Parent customers) that have the custom property ZCJ_CW_CompanyID populated are mapped to companies in ConnectWise. Location customers (Child customers) that have the custom property ZCJ_CW_SiteAddressRecID populated are linked to sites in ConnectWise.
6. The sync linked a customer in e-automate to the wrong company in ConnectWise.
Check the company in ConnectWise and see if the e-automate customer number is listed in either the Company ID or Account ID field. The sync uses these two fields to match customer records from e-automate to ConnectWise and if there is data in either field that matches an e-automate customer number the sync will link the two records. Correct the information in ConnectWise to be the correct e-automate customer number, and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the customer number so that we can check to see if the background linking needs to be updated.
1. The ConnectWise invoice didn't update the contract in e-automate.
If an agreement invoice was generated in ConnectWise and didn't create or update a contract in e-automate, check these things:
- Is variable 10 on ID964 set to only sync invoices in a specific status? If yes, is the invoice in ConnectWise in that status?
- Is variable 2 on ID964 set to only include certain agreement types? If yes, is the agreement in ConnectWise one of the listed types?
- Verify that both the customer and bill-to-customer are mapped between ConnectWise and e-automate.
- Check the ID954 report to see if there's an error showing for the invoice.
- Search the contract list in e-automate for the ConnectWise invoice number in either the PO field or the Remarks field, depending on where the invoice is set to be added. Sometimes the contract is in e-automate, but with a status of inactive so it doesn't show in the contract billing queue.
- Try updating the invoice in ConnectWise to get the sync to "see" the invoice again and reprocess it.
If none of the above works, please email the ConnectWise invoice number to email@example.com so that we can troubleshoot the issue.
2. I billed a contract in e-automate before the sync updated it, how do I correct that?
If you have billed the contract in e-automate prior to the sync updating it for the billing period, you'll need to Void and Reset the contract invoice and then rebill the contract in e-automate.
3. I have a contract invoice in e-automate that didn't renumber.
The number one reason that an invoice won't renumber in e-automate is due to billing the contract before the sync has updated the contract. Open the invoice that hasn't renumbered and check the data in the PO field, if the PO field has the previous month's invoice number, the contract was billed prior to the sync updating it and won't renumber. You'll need to Void and Reset the contract invoice and rebill with the current invoice number in the PO field.
4. I terminated a contract in e-automate that was linked to an agreement in ConnectWise, how do I get the sync to create a new contract in e-automate for this agreement?
You'll need to email firstname.lastname@example.org and give us the contract information so that we can break the link in our background tables.
5. The sync used the default template when it created the contract.
Verify that the contract template in e-automate exactly matches the agreement type in ConnectWise. The template contract number must match exactly the agreement name or the sync will not be able to find the template and the sync will use the default template to create the contract.
1. I don't understand the error stopping a ticket from getting created in e-automate.
All errors you'll see on the two error emails are detailed here. Usually, the error stopping the call from importing is either the customer is not mapped, or the technician on the time entry is not mapped. Both of these errors can be corrected in e-automate and then the call will sync. Remember that NO updates that you make in ConnectWise will update the ticket information once you see it on an error email.
2. I need to change the company on a ticket that has already synced, how do I do that?
Once the ticket has synced, you are not able to change the company that the sync is using to try and create the call. If you have to chang the company on the ticket, you'll need to send an email to email@example.com with the ticket number and correct Company ID and we'll correct the issue in the background tables to get the call to insert.
3. I have a ticket that didn't sync and it's not on the error email.
If you're not seeing the ticket on an error email, first verify that the call isn't in e-automate by searching all service calls for the ticket number in the description. Also, check that the status of the ticket or invoice matches the status ID965 is using to sync tickets. Finally, try updating the ticket in ConnectWise to get the sync to "see" the ticket (or invoice) again and reprocess it.
If none of the above works, please send the ticket number/invoice number to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do further troubleshooting.
4. A ticket was set to sync by accident, how can I remove it from the sync?
Once a ticket has synced to our background tables, the only way to stop the ticket from trying to import is to remove it from the tables. On the new version of the sync, error calls only report 2-3 times and then fall off of the report, so you don't need to ask us to remove the call from the background tables.
1. The call in e-automate is on hold, but the ticket was not created in ConnectWise.
Every time the sync attempts to insert a ticket into ConnectWise, you'll receive an email. Verify that the ticket was actually created by checking that the first column on the email doesn't say FAIL. When a ticket fails to be created in ConnectWise, the call will still get flipped to on hold. Determine why the call didn't sync and then take the call off of hold in e-automate and the sync will try to create the ticket on the next pass.
2. The ticket in ConnectWise is closed, but the call in e-automate did not update.
Verify that the ticket in ConnectWise is in a status that ID965 is set to pick up. Also, check that there are time entries on the ticket in ConnectWise, if there are no time entries for the ticket, the call will not get picked up by ID965.
1. Are fixed fee projects supported?
Yes, fixed fee projects are supported by the project sync. The fixed fee amount syncs as a non-inventory part attached to the ticket.
2. If I have a down payment invoice applied to a project, how does that sync to e-automate?
Down payment invoices do not sync, you'll need to manually create that invoice in e-automate.
2. Does it matter if I bill by phase or when the project is complete?
No, both billing by phase or when the project is complete are supported by the sync.
Sales Order Sync
Sales Order Sync
1. The order wasn't created in e-automate, what should I check for a problem?
Check the custom e-view for the sales order sync and see if the order is listed here. If it is, that means the order made it to the background tables, but there is an issue inserting the order into e-automate. Check that the customer is mapped from ConnectWise to e-automate, that all templates have both an inventory or expense code and a sales code, that the error item exists and has either an inventory or expense code and a sales code, and that the on-hold codes specified in ID634 all exist in e-automate.
If you don't see the order in the e-view, check that the order is in the proper status in ConnectWise to sync.
2. The error item was added to the order instead of the correct item.
Check the template that would have been used to create the item (matching product type) and verify that it has either an inventory or expense code and a sales code. If the template doesn't exist or doesn't have the proper coding, the sync won't be able to create the item.