Shows all parts techs were missing in their car stocks and were therefore forced to reschedule service call.
This alert provides monthly list of parts techs were missing in their car stock and were therefore forced to reschedule the service call. Al looks to see exactly what parts the tech had in stock at the time (s)he rescheduled the call and report only those parts that the tech was missing at that time, so you get a read on exactly which parts are causing you problems.
The automated alert will provide a monthly report, and a Custom Report is also available to run directly from eAutomate so you can change date ranges or focus in on specific techs or categories of part.
Run Schedule: Monthly on 1st
Type of Output: Email/OnDemand Custom Report
* * *
* * *
VariableW: The number of reschedules required before a part will trigger the alert. If you enter 2 then it will trigger when a part has caused MORE THAN 2 reschedules in the report's time frame (calendar month) This can be set to 0 to consider EVERY reschedule .
VariableY: Branch numbers you want the alert to trigger on. **Although you can limit which branches will trigger, the number on the output is for all branches. This will be changed once the report is converted to SSRS.
* * *
- Must be set to run monthly ONLY as it configured to only consider the previous month's activity.
- Considers all rescheduled calls regardless of whether PO linked to call or not.
- The only thing we can't report is any (bad sync) parts the tech may have needed since that is just a text field and the part is entered later.
- Custom Report looks to see what parts were in stock in their trunks at the time the call was rescheduled, not just the incomplete calls that have parts on them. So the list of parts from calls with an incomplete code will not match to what the report is showing you for that technician.
- Alert and report will consider inactive technicians. This is necessary for historical purposes and would cause inaccurate numbers if we excluded inactive technicians. This also requires each technician be assigned their own warehouse (not Main Warehouse, for example). This is also required even after tech's leave, their warehouse would ideally be made inactive, not changed to another tech name/assignment. This is necessary to keep warehouse activity specific to tech.
* * *
OnDemand Report Filters
Custom Report reports on all calls rescheduled for parts (unlike alert where you set how many reschedules via VariableW).
If you do not see the report in your Custom Reports console, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get installed for you.
Use Date Filter to consider calls in given time period.
Models/Items/Technicians Filter each have Advanced Filter Option to drill down to detail level you need. Just uncheck Include All and select Use Advanced Filter Box to activate Advanced Filter box:
Sample Custom Report:
Sample here sorted by Model, shows Part Number(s), Service Calls Number(s), Equipment ID(s), Tech(s), Qty, Costs, Total Available Qty (across all Warehouses now), IW QOH and IW Min. IW QOH and IW Min are both that technicians current qty on hand and warehouse minimum setting for that Item.
* * *
Best Practices & Tips
- Make sure each technician (active and inactive) has their own Warehouse Assignment on eAuto Employee Record. This should NOT be a Main Warehouse, it should always be a unique Warehouse/Car Stock to that technician.
* * *
ID393 - Same Part Number Causing OnHold for Parts Twice
ID619 - Parts not Ordered for WP Calls
ID628 - Call Incomplete for Parts but Tech has Parts Needed
ID760 - Rescheduled Call from previous call where parts were ordered on a PO
ID880 - Technician Carstock Effectiveness