Provides daily details by transaction type showing the user who created and quantities.
Wondering how productive your staff is being each day, especially if they are remote? This Power BI Report (or advanced Microsoft Excel document via eViews) provides daily/weekly/months details by transaction type showing the user who created. Whether it's looking at sales orders or PO's created each day, by user, or just what totals look like daily or weekly.
Run Schedule: As Needed / On Demand
Type of Output: Power BI OR Microsoft Excel Workbook
* * *
Sample Power BI:
Power BI Home Page:
Power BI AP Invoices:
eView Service Calls by Branch:
eView Sales Orders by User:
* * *
1. See here for getting Power BI in place.
2 Click here to download the file.
3. You must be signed up for ID568 for this to install and run as we push needed support tables.
4. Data refreshes nightly, so be sure to set refresh to daily and know data will only include through previous day.
5. Each page provides Date Slicer which lets users select the slice by dimension in the trend visuals. If, for example, you select week, then you will see the graphs to left show trend week over week:
1. Data refreshes nightly, so current day data not available. We max our look back to 26 weeks/6-months (no more as data overload!).
2. The data on the eView/Excel workbook is focused on transactions created by the users. These are the types of transactions included:
3. Our Microsoft Excel workbook (at bottom of this article) pulls data directly from eView CEOJuice e-automate Activity Data (we will automatically install for you) providing various pivot tables and charts for your review.
4. Follow these easy steps to refresh your data the first time AND every time you want updated transaction details:
Download Excel Workbook at bottom of this post (at bottom of this article). Once you open, select Refresh on first worksheet named eView:
**Minimum version of Microsoft Excel required is 2007
This prompts you for your eAuto login credentials:
You will be asked 2x to confirm the database, select YES both times:
Requires minimum permissions to Service eViews:
Now click on Worksheet Chart Trans Count or Chart Trans $Amt.
All charts and data will be blank - you will need to refresh:
Refresh Data via Tools at top of document - Data / Refresh All:
Now your charts will update:
Review all the built in filters being used as you may, for example, NOT want certain Order Types, Branches, UserID's included in your data:
You can easily copy/paste any graph area and edit source fields/filters, etc.
Anytime you see Funnel ikon, something is excluded. Whereas, no Funnel ikon indicates, if in use, ALL transaction types are included:
As you make edits/changes to the data used for charts, we suggest saving a separate copy with a unique name each time. This ensures if anything breaks/changes/hiccups, you still have those filters and chart types saved.
**Be sure to save as Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook**
-Data is limited to 1 million rows (Microsoft Excel 2007 limit). You can see the total quantity of rows your eAuto tables contain via eView CEOJuice e-automate Activity Data:
* * *
Best Practices & Tips
Best Practices & Tips
1. We do recommend using the 32-bit version of Excel if you are having issues with Excel not working when you use the Refresh button on the macro-enabled worksheet.
2. Some users are finding the 'Refresh" in the workbook is not doing anything. This is related to limitations set on your server or eViews or excel. We haven't been able to determine exactly what settings may exist on your end to provide you exact resolution. If you are experiencing this issue, please close all excel documents on your computer and then try exporting an existing eView (not one that has been customized or built by CEOJuice). Are you able to successfully use the "Refresh" button to import the eView into excel?
If not, then the issue isn't related to our eView or Excel Workbook. We suggest consulting with your IT Department and/or ECi directly to troubleshoot what limations are in place for your organization.
3. Excel Workbook MUST be an Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook. Link to workbook below is Macro-Enabled, so be sure when you download & save, it is saved as such:
4. Wondering what data is available to sort and/or filter by in the workbook? If you review your eView CEOJuice e-automate Activity Data you will see all the data importing into the workbook. Every field in that eView is in your workbook:
For example, you may want to change your Service Calls chart to include certain branches and/or Call Types:
You can change your Source Type to Source Type Details so you could then create filter by Call Type:
5. Be sure all of your eAuto Employee Records have both a UserID and Name (use ID221 to find these). The eView will provide the name if populated on Employee Record, but if the user is not linked with name, will just show the UserID.
6. Requires minimum permissions to Service eViews:
* * *
ID221 - eAuto Users Not Set Up Correctly
ID467 - eAuto User Daily Activity Log
ID558 - Contract Billing Admin Report
ID569 - Meter Trends Analysis eView
ID570 - Note Entry History Reporting
* * *
* * *