The service call survey ID109 sends a follow up email to your customer after a service call is closed and includes a link to a short survey. This is our most popular process, and we believe it will have the single biggest impact on your business. Measuring customer satisfaction can have a huge impact on setting your dealership apart from others.
The survey is emailed out one day after the service call is marked completed AND invoiced, as long as there are no open/rescheduled calls in the system.
The cover email and questions can be customized. We have a default template and questions we would recommend you use, but you have the option to fully customize.
Run Schedule: The alert runs every hour looking for new invoiced calls that qualify to send an email.
Type of Output: A "customer facing alert" and email that is sent to your customers.
* * *
Default Email sent to your customers, can be customized as needed
Default Survey Questions, can be customized as needed
Click here for shorter version
You can use a face as an answer option, Happy / Passive / Sad face as an answer option for someone to click, instead of using a rating scale 0-10 or 0-5
* * *
Variable W: Number of days alert waits to send the survey out AFTER the call has been invoiced, default is 1 day (24 hours).
Variable X: Custom Property in Customer Record to use when you want to turn the survey off for a specific customer.
Variable Y: Contact Category you would assign to a Contact Record to turn the survey off for that specific contact only.
Variable Z: This variable is controlling how many Survey Responses from your customers you want to receive. You have the option to only receive a response if someone rates you below a target rate and/or leaves a comment. Defaults to 'All' to receive all responses, leave blank if you only want to receive responses below a target.
Variable 1: Optional; only used if you want to survey specific call types instead of the default CM-Corrective Maintenance category call types. List the call types to be INCLUDED (separate multiples with a comma).
Variable 2: Optional; only used if not using Variable 1. Enter the call types in your system that need to be EXCLUDED (separate multiples with a comma).
Variable 5: Optional; only used if you want to send surveys to customers in specific branches in your system. List the branch numbers to be INCLUDED (separate multiples with a comma).
Variable 6: Optional; only used if not using Variable 5. Enter all branch numbers in your system that need to be EXCLUDED (separate multiples with a comma).
Variable 7: Optional; only used if you want to only send surveys for calls with specific bill codes, enter the bill code name here to be INCLUDED (separate multiples with a comma).
Variable 8: Optional; only used if not using Variable 7. Enter all bill codes in your system that need to be EXCLUDED (separate multiples with a comma).
* * *
- Call Types: By default this process ONLY considers service calls linked to Call Types that have been set to a Category of CM-Corrective Maintenance. If you opted to use Variable 1 to only survey calls with specific call types, then the alert will only consider those call types.
Review your current call types in EA under Tools / Lists & Codes.
- The alert waits one day (24 hours) after a call has been invoiced before sending the email. There must be NO open calls or reschedules in the system for that equipment. If there is an open call, no survey will be sent on that first call, however it will be sent on the second call once it is invoiced (one day/24 hours after). This time frame is set in Variable W. The default is 1 day and is our recommendation.
- The service call must have a contact record with an email linked in the "caller contact" field. See ID87 and ID188 which will ensure your dispatchers are entering emails on calls.
If the contact needs to be created, click New
- Option to Turn OFF surveys for a specific customer who requests to stop receiving them. This is either set for a specific contact record OR entire customer account by using custom properties. See link for more info. We have found that most customers like being updated and if they know the survey is optional and you don't expect feedback every time, they are more likely to keep it active. See more info here on best way to handle
To turn off survey for a customer in Customer Record set ZCJDisableCallSurvey to Yes
To turn off a Contact Record assign the Contact Category ZCJDNS109
Note in the default format of surveys, if you use the Parent/Child location setup, updating the parent customer will not disable at all child locations. Email email@example.com if you would like us to make that change to include all sub locations when opting out the parent.
Survey responses are sent to the emails listed in the To/Cc/Bcc of ID109 and any of the check boxes you select. Remember to make sure the 'from email' you use is a monitored email in case a customer replies to the email with a question.
The cover email and survey questions can be customized, however we suggest you start with our template. We give you a DashBoard where you can see what questions are being answered and the percent that are ignored. We do not set any question as mandatory.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to make any modifications to the questions.
There are three key questions that will break some reports if changed:
1. If asked by a friend or colleague, how likely is it that you would recommend our company? This is the Net Promoter Score question and cannot be changed if you want to track your score.
2. Rate our technician overall
3. Rate our dispatch overall
4. Option to use Happy / Passive / Sad faces as an answer option, instead of a rating 0-10
The question, "Would you like our free new process where we can email you when your service call is entered, and/or email again when the technician is dispatched (so you know which tech is on the way), and/or email you again when your equipment is fixed (in case you miss the technician)?" refers to the process to automatically email these status updates (ID181). See more here on getting that going.
Example of a shorter version with fewer questions:
* * *
Best Practices & Tips
- If a customer requests to 'opt out' from receiving the surveys, we recommend sending our template email to confirm their request, more here, 90% customers keep the surveys on after reading this.
- Check the From email on the subscription. We recommend using a monitored email to send these out in case a customer replies to the email with a question.
- As previously mentioned, the cover email is fully customizable. Add logos, links to different social media platforms, or perhaps promote an upcoming event that your company is hosting.
- If you have ID181 service call updates to your customers AND you ask the question on the survey, if they want this feature, you will want to make sure the question style matches the type of 'mode' you opt for ID181 on. It can be set to send on ALL customers calls OR SELECTED customers calls (you select which customers get these emails). Two versions of the question:
Selected Mode: Would you like our free new process where we can email you when your service call is entered, and/or email again when the technician is dispatched (so you know which tech is on the way), and/or email you again when your equipment is fixed (in case you miss the technician)? All Mode: We have implemented a process to keep you notified of the current status of all your service calls. Currently, we notify you when your service call is entered, again when the technician is dispatched (so you know which tech is on the way) and when your equipment is fixed (in case you miss them). If you would like to no longer be notified of this, please choose "No" to be excluded from these emails.
If you are unsure on your settings email our helpdesk email@example.com and we can confirm the survey question is set up correctly to match your ID181 settings.
Why does it seem not every service call is being sent a survey
We get this question a lot, a few points to note how the default service call works:
- Only sent out on service calls with a call type 'category' of CM-Corrective Maintenance.
- Only sent on a call that is not a rescheduled call, or no new call is opened up for that same equipment within 24hours of the first call being invoiced. We wait 24 hours after the call is invoiced, before sending out a surveys as long as no new/rescheduled call is in the system.
- A call must have a contact/email linked in the service call, 'caller contact' field in order to send the survey.
- Will not send if either the customer or the contact in EA has been "opted out" from receiving the survey. Click link to see where this is set.
If you believe this criteria is correct and you are still missing surveys from being sent out, email firstname.lastname@example.org with an example of a call and we will confirm the detail as to why a survey was not sent.
* * *
ID42 a process to have your technicians when onsite remind customers that they will receive a survey and encourage them to complete it.
ID87 reminds dispatch to enter a contact/email on a service call if they forget to.
ID188 daily summary of all calls that did or did not have an email linked.
ID695 e-view report of survey results
Additional service call survey cloned IDs ID524, ID525, ID526, ID527, and ID528 - use for different call types to automate an equipment install survey or IT/networking survey. Or use to separate the standard service survey by different branches. Each can have different email/cover email/logo/questions.
* * *