Weekly Technician Productivity Report and OnDemand SSRS Report providing extensive call status and availability.
The Tech Productivity Report stack ranks all your techs based on those standard metrics like gross calls per day, net calls, hours worked etc. It is designed as a snap shot to see who is working effectively. Knowing who is working a full day, who is fixing a call correctly the first time, and has the parts they need available is key information about the effectiveness of your service team. We send it on a Monday for the previous week but include a link that lets you change the date range and other options.
Here are some industry benchmarks: In the MFP world reschedules should be 8%, callbacks should be 10%, total work time should be 7-7.2 hours and FCE% should be 82%.
Run Schedule: Monday morning, reports for the previous week data
Type of Output: Email , Task APP and OnDemand SSRS Report
* * *
* * *
VariableW: Set to send consolidate to deliver company wide report (10.16.19 this Variable function is currently broken)
VariableX - specify OnHold codes (in addition to PA/PartsAvailable) as indicating the tech has the parts he was waiting on. This is used to calculate the column [PartsAvailableTech to Close]
VariableY - The number of hours per day you expect the tech to be accountable for based upon time card entries, call times, unavailable times. If you do not require your techs to create a timecard entry for lunch, then you would use 8 hours per day. If you have your techs create a time card entry for lunch, then you would use 9 hours for accountable time. (decimal ok - i.e. 7.5)
VariableZ - Types of calls excluded from the NetCalls calculation - this will effect the filter used for Monday AM email sent containing report
* * *
1. Emails generated to those listed in to/cc/bcc will receive separate email by Tech Manager.
2. This report does not send to the individual technician, only to each technician manager. The 'ToTechnician' checkbox does not have any functionality in this case. Only the 'ToTech Manager' checkbox will work for this alert.
3. eAuto Set Up Requirements:
a. Be sure both techs and tech managers have an email address on eAuto Employee Record
b. Be sure your techs have the correct manager assigned to them
4. Report is only built to look back 6 months max, it is not built to run history beyond 6 months from date you are running.
5. This alert shows key metrics (from both completed and invoiced service calls) that you should be focused on to ensure your technicians are being effective.
6. Column Explanations:
**In gray (10%, 8%, 82%) we show Target Percentage and Info button takes you to documentation details/overview link**
1. Gross Work Days - per your date filter settings on report, total number of work days set in eAuto SLA Code / Company Hours (details on where/how set HERE)
Unavailable Days - per Time Card and/or Unavailable Entries for Tech (please use SSRS ID205 Tech Time Log to evaluate details)
2. Net Days in Period - Difference between Gross Work Days and Unavailable Days
3. Total Calls - total calls in period based on Call Category filter
All CM Calls - total of call corrective maintenance category calls
PM Calls - total of preventative maintenance category calls
Shop Calls - total of shop category calls
Other Calls - total of all other category calls not set as CM, PM or shop calls
Missing information here? Verify you're using needed Call Categories in report filter settings.
Call categories seen via Lists & Codes / Call types / Call type code:
4. Net Calls - based on your formula selected in Net Calls filter on report (filter for email generated each week is set in VariableZ of your ID204 subscription)
5. Gross CPD - Gross Calls per Day = Total Calls / (Gross Work Days - Unavailable Days)
6. Callback Calls - callbacks being charged to that technician for that time period. In other words, a call the tech worked previously generated a callback, so the tech that did the original call is charged with a callback. (per settings found HERE in eAuto, we do not determine if considered callback)
% of Net Calls = Callback calls / Net Calls
7. Callbacks Worked - Number of callbacks worked in this reporting period, whether this tech's or somebody else's. Remember while the first call indicates who is responsible for the callback, anybody can work the second call (and that second call(s) is what this column reflects).
**Please note, the CallBacks Generated column could change for a reporting period due to the nature of the logic. For example, when you run the report for last week, you might get a count of 3, but if you come back 4 weeks from now and rerun the report for the same time frame...other calls might have triggered a callback!! Therefore you should not use this CallBacks Generated column for any key performance indicator since it's not a 100% stable historical number, whereas 'CallBack Calls' is (Callbacks are the calls that are the callback call and that flag does not change unless you void a service call for the period)
8. Incomplete/Resch - Total of all calls for period that are considered incomplete calls and had to be rescheduled. *Does not reflect rescheduled calls, just the first call that was incomplete.
% of Gross Calls = Qty of IncompleteResch Calls / Total Calls. Look at this number over a few months to see who has a high number then see what their inventory levels are like. An incomplete is typically because a part was needed. Ask Juice for help setting up your auto mins and maxs levels for that tech.
9. Calls from Incompletes (Reschedules) - Total of all calls for period that are considered rescheduled calls. These are the follow up calls, not the call that was incompleted.
% of Gross Calls = Qty of Incompletes (Reschedules) / Net Calls (please note Column Label is incorrect, the formula is % of Net Calls, not Gross Calls)
10. Gross FCFR (TC-(IC+CB))/TC - Gross First Call Fix Rate = Qty of Total Calls - Incompletes+Callbacks / Total Calls. (The number of calls completed without a Reschedule against the 'Total Calls' column.)
11. Net CM CPD - Net Calls per Day, formula = Net Calls / Total Days. (Please note column lable is incorrect and is not Corrective Maintenance/CM calls only).
12. Net First Call Fix Rate =100 - (Call Back Calls % + Incomplete Calls %)
FCFR Net is number of calls completed without a reschedule against the 'Net Calls' Column. The NetCalls formula is set in VariableZ (Types of calls excluded from the NetCalls calculation) also filter option on the manual report.
1. Installed Parts Cost - total average cost of any/all items (of any type, report considers any item used on service call) used on service calls reporting for period filter of report (based on service call invoiced date)
2. Average Installed Parts per Call - average of installed parts based on gross calls (Parts Cost / Gross Calls)
3. Previous Call Parts Cost - the materials average cost on the service call BEFORE the current ones shown (per your period filter on report) - how much in parts you put in device last time.
4. Previous Parts CPC - value of Previous Call Parts Cost divided by the number of clicks between previous call and reported call
5. Repair Time - Total Work Hours/Actual Labor Time (time between arrival and departure) - does not include travel time
6. Average RT Per Call - Average Repair Time per Call = Total Work Hours / Total Number of Gross Calls
7. Parts Available - the average time (in hours) from a call being released from final hold until call is closed, whether PartsAvailable (PA) or another OnHoldCode as specified in the VariableX on your alert subscription. (consider alert ID715/Parts received for service call not worked/completed in Y days)
8. Travel Time (excl PF calls) - Travel Time for period filter, excludes only Phone Fix calls
Average TT per Call - average Travel Time per call - per travel time entries on service calls, excludes only Phone Fix Calls
9. CM Resp Time - average response time for all corrective maintenance call types during period reporting (excludes rescheduled calls). This is Open Time to Arrival or Dispatch Time
1. Total Work + Travel Time - total repair and travel time for period reporting
2. Mileage - total miles reported for period reporting
3. Survey Rank Technician - average rating for question "rank your technician overall" on service surveys submitted for period reporting (based on service call completion date, not date survey submitted)
4. Calls on Equipment Not Assigned to Tech - calls for the reporting period which were on equipment not showing the tech completing the call to be the tech assigned to the equipment record in eAuto. (If you drill down under tech's service call detail, you will see which of the service calls this applies to.)
5. See ID205 Tech Time Log for details (if you're missing details for any tech, ensure the Time Card Export box is checked on techs eAuto Employee Record)
6. Broken down based on your ID295 Model Category Mapping App. If you aren't subscribed to ID295, please consider! Otherwise all stats in MFP column and no breakdown available. See ID207 Pages Serviced & Parts Variance Details for details.
* * *
OnDemand Report Filters
OnDemand Report Filters
**Manager & Tech Must Be Selected in order to move through remaining filters**
- Select only for Make(s) - use drop down filter to see report for selected Make(s)
- Call Category - we highly recommend leaving this filter wide open and selecting ALL. If not, then stats will be skewed (i.e. total calls)
- Formula for Net Calls - select from drop downs available to determine what formula used for Net Calls Column calculations (e.g. Total CmCalls - Incompletes - CallBacks). See **VariableZ for formula used when alert triggers email each week.**
Top Margin of SSRS Report:
- Use these tools to save as, refresh or print report as needed Note: Default Print Size is 11x17
- Report header shows selected date range, working days in period (per EA Company Hours set), selected managers and techs. Also shows what formula set for Net Calls.
* * *
Best Practices & Tips
Best Practices & Tips
1. Tech Assists- Assisting techs should also show their time under the call in their section. We look at the labor records, so primary tech should get hours credit for their labor records and same for the assisting tech
2. Technician's Employee Record must be set as Tech and have Time Card Export Box checked off-
* * *
ID205 -Tech Productivity Report Time Sheets - Tech Time Log
ID206 - Tech Productivity Callback Report
ID207 - Tech Productivity Copy Details Report - Pages Serviced & Parts Variance Details
* * *
Please see THIS LINK for review.